Thursday, November 18, 2010

These aren't your granny's cookies.

The other day at work I made these cookies that turned out pretty well so I thought I'd share them with you.  They have everything but the kitchen sink in them and the best part is they are 100% vegan but you would never know!  I bit into one yesterday and it reminded me of a tasty chocolaty power bar, not too sweet and very energizing! try them and let me know what you think.

Oh! and just incase you want a little music to go along with your baking...

alright folks, grab your wooden spoons for this ride...

Dry:

2 cups kamut flour
2 teas. baking powder
1 teas salt
2 cups oats
1 cup whole flax seeds
1 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup poppy seeds
2 cups chocolate chips (pulsed in food processor to cornmeal size)
1/2 cup cocoa powder (sifted)

-toss all together in a large bowl.

Wet:

2 cups sugar
2 cups palm oil
2 Tbs vanilla
1/4 cup orange juice (more if needed)

-throw all the wet ingredients into a food processor and blend until light and fluffy.
-add the wet to the dry, combine with a wooden spoon until well incorperated.
-scoop out desired cookie size onto a parchment lined baking sheet, flatten out with hands. (the cookie does not spread out too much)


bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, cool and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. If, par chance, I were making a non-vegan version, how much butter would I substitute for the 2C of palm oil? 2C of butter seems like a whole lot for one batch of cookies. ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liv!!

    I need more recipes with cooking soundtracks. Please. Have you done any cooking yet in your new home?

    ReplyDelete